rik-rat corn pile

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Someone "borrowed" my image. UPDATE: my new friend was kind enough to take down the image.

EDIT: march 27th. Thanks to Mad One-Eye dog for taking down the image. I appreciate your prompt response. If anyone is ever interested in using one of my images on their website email me @ fluxbiota @gmail.com. I will let you use an image for 50 bucks. If you are writing a blog about my art, no money is needed. Just ask and send me a link to your blog and add a link to my artist website. Much love to my new friend. I thank you for your kindness and I apologize if I made a scene. It is worth noting that the internet has changed how we view property. I'm happy that my work is well received but I (and all artists/musicians/writers) need to make a living. We make a living by selling our work to you lovely people (i really do love all of you). If you want to use an artist's image on your website, please, take some time and contact them before you do so. We really appreciate it when you contact us. And if you want to share our work on social media, please put our website on the post and maybe we'll get some traffic. Thanks for listening. Intemperanças de Panino Manino I'm not too happy about this. I'd like to fix it. Anyone know how to do a cease and desist? Maybe I should send a polite message to credit my website. ugh.

11 comments:

  1. I HEAR YOU!
    As I recall, I threw some random word into Google Images, something about "wolves". I saw that image somewhere in the results and liked it.
    Well, I need to apologise, right. Sorry.

    I really love that image there... would like to keep using it, but I will remove. You will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, pal. Thank you for taking down the image. If you would like to write an entry about the piece and give a link to my website I would let you use the image on another entry.

      Delete
  2. I imagine that the background on embedded frame will update soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think about writing a blog about the painting. perhaps we can become friends. (if you would like to use the image, email me and we'll talk)

      Delete
  3. So glad you got this peacefully resolved! The internet can be so frustrating sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy as well. Hope you're doing well, friend. I miss you.

      Delete
  4. I don't know how this can be avoided, honestly - the internet is everywhere. I stumbled across a photo I had taken that someone had turned into a poster advertising a music concert. Probably they stole it from Flickr... I was flattered and pissed off at the same time. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can't be avoided. It sucks. The only think we can do is throw gross watermarks all over our images and that makes them look crappy. I guess we can also stay hyper vigilant and google ourselves every now and again. I'm flattered but, please, credit my website if you want to use my image.

      Delete
    2. I try to link back to the artist when I borrow - if I can find whose work it is. Sometimes that isn't easy.

      Delete
    3. i can show you a way to track your images. go to google, click on images in the top right corner, it'll prompt you to upload an image, then it'll show you every place that image has shown up on the internet.

      Delete